THE MODERN ADVANTAGE
Heavy duty roll cutting machines built for precise part to part cutting tolerances. Modern roll cutters are designed to blank nearly any rolled-goods material including plastic, carpet, and cover-stock materials. We offer both horizontal and vertical, dual-roll stands equipped with Tidland pneumatic brakes for tensioning the roll. An active roll is used by the machine, and one staged roll is positioned for start-up when the active roll is depleted.
An electrically powered nip station pulls the sheet from the roll where it goes through a loop and into a clamp bar. The clamp bar pays-out the material to an adjustable length, controlled with encoder feedback. Electrically powered cutters then blank the sheet from the roll, and position the blank on top of a scissor lift table, or transfer cart.
- All mechanical motions are guarded with either hard/ fixed guards, or safety scanners
- An emergency stop pull-string de-energizes the nip feed rolls
- Safety scanners are positioned and programmed to guard the interior area of the payout frame
- E-stops mounted on all corners of the machine
- Bilingual warning and safety signs as needed
- ANSI standard colors are utilized
- Main electrical disconnect and air inlet are lock-out tag-out ready
- Integration into larger machine system
- Machine sized to your maximum sheet width and length
- Horizontal or vertical roll stand
- Electric hoist for loading rolls
- Varying diameters of roll shafts and mandrels
- Motorized payout system
- Electric scissor lift table for stacking the blanked sheets
- Transfer carts for handling the stack of sheets
- Cart alignment details
- Blade types
- Circular shear, powered disc cutter, rod-less cylinder v-blade, etc.
Print Specification Sheet (PDF)